Facts About India That Most Indians Don’t Know
1.The largest selling dark rum in the world is Old Monk. Also, it has been the biggest Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) brand for many years.
And Yes it is Indian owned by Mohan Meakins Ltd. and produced in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, available in all parts of India and sold by some retailers in Russia,USA,UK,Japan,UAE,E
2. Mohun Bagan A.C., an Indian football club based in Kolkata is older than some of the European giants like Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus and PSG. The iconic club was founded in 1889.
3. The world’s biggest school: City Montessori School Lucknow, UP
City Montessori school in India is the world’s largest school – with a staggering 47,000 students accommodated in over 20 branches
4. India has the biggest “voluntary” army in the world.
5. According to a study conducted in 2011, India’s Parle-G biscuits were the world’s No. 1 selling biscuits.
6. English Actor Sir Ben Kingsley’s Birth name is Krishna Pandit Bhanji and he is of Indian (Gujarati) descent.
7.Highest Cricket Ground
Yeah,the world’s highest cricket ground is in Chail, Himachal Pradesh. Built in 1893 after leveling a hilltop, this cricket pitch is 2444 meters above sea level.
8.Police officers in Madhya Pradesh are given a slight pay upgrade for having a moustache.
9.India has more mobile phones than toilets.
10.BOSE was founded by Mr. Amar Gopal Bose in 1964.
11. Jammu and Kashmir is the only state in India which has TWO capitals
12.Indian housewives hold 11% of the World’s gold.