Best holiday destinations in India
Best holiday destinations in India
India is a land with huge tourism potential. It has temples, beautiful beaches, exotic rain forests, deserts, mountains and what not. This extreme diversity creates confusion among travellers as which place to choose for holidays. So we have compiled a list of 6 best holiday destinations in India
- Jammu & Kashmir: India’s sixth largest and northernmost state is one of the most beautiful places in Earth. It is known as Switzerland of India. So if your budget is low and your pocket is not allowing you to visit Switzerland then this is the place for you. Its exquisite cuisines, festive tea and heart-warming hospitality of people will make you not want to return to your home. If you decide to travel to Jammu & Kashmir them these are the must places that you should must visit GULMARG, SONAMARG, PAHALGAM, and SINTHAN TOP.
- Ladakh: Ladakh is a mountainous region situated in north of India. The beauty of Ladakh with snow covered peaks and clean blue sky has attracted travellers since it was open to tourists in the 1970s. Its majestic mountains and rugged terrains makes it an exotic destination for you to travel. Ladakh is also known for some of the Buddhist monasteries and gompas which symbolises the footsteps of Buddhism in India. If you want some adventure then you should visit Ladakh in winters.
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Andaman are Nicobar are approximately a group of more than 570 islands in Bay of Bengal. These mysterious islands are presumed to be the land of Hindu God HANUMAN who is believed to stop there while looking for goddess Sita. It is a dream destination for eco-friendly tourists. The beaches in these islands offer you a beautiful view of ocean with interesting marine life and coral gardens. Besides the beautiful scenery of these islands you can also experience various adventure sports like Surfing and Snorkelling, Scuba Diving, Trekking etc. The best season is from November to march to visit these islands. The best places to visit in these islands are BHARATPUR BEACH, LIMESTONE CAVES, MARINA PARK AND AQUARIUM and RADHANAGAR BEACH.
- Goa: The smallest state of India and the most exotic one with crystal clear water, miles of golden sand beaches and brilliant green landscape makes it the best holiday destination. You can go to the beach, can enjoy water sports, do swimming, you party and eat the delicious sea food. But the best thing about this place is that it is super economical in summers from hotel booking to flight tickets, from delicious food to sightseeing- you will get amazing discounts on everything. If you love natural beauty, delicious foods and adventure sports then Goa is perfect place for you.
- Kerala: Kerala also known as “Gods Own Country” has been selected by National Geographic Traveller as one of the places in list of 50 tours of lifetime. It beautiful beaches, peaceful stretch of backwaters and canals, an equable climate, lush green hill stations and exotic wildlife makes it a wonderful place to visit. The main attractions of Kerala are THE BACKWATERS, THE BEACHES, THE TEA PLANTATIONS, WATERFALLS and WILDLIFE SANCTUARIES. If you seek tranquillity and peace then this is the place to be.
- Rishikesh: Located in the Indian state of Uttrakhand near the foot of the Himalayas, Rishikesh is the 7th largest city of India. It is also known as “Gateway To The Garhawl Himalayas”. The Char Dham Yatra begins from Rishikesh. It rose to fame when The Beatles came to visit Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram (now closed).It is a famous tourist spot and major pilgrimage spot of the Hindus. Rishikesh is famous for its various yoga ashrams and shrines and for variety of adventure sports it offers to its visitors. The main attractions of this place are LAXMAN JHULA, THE BEATLES ASHRAM, NEELKANTHA MAHADEV TEMPLE, and SHIVPURI.
Naval Gupta is co-founder of webiced, a company that provides world class digital marketing services and web & application development. He is also the founder of undividedtravel, a blog for travel enthusiasts.
You can find him on twitter.
- Published in Travel